Written by: Paige Thompson
Have you ever finished a lash service that you just knew you nailed, but the client was less than thrilled?...maybe even a little disappointed?
This can be completely avoided with a thorough consultation and client preparation!
Give your client prep instructions:
- Come in with no makeup on
- Remove contact lenses before the appointment
- Discontinue lash growth serums
- Review any contraindications
- Inform the client of how long the service will take
Ask the right questions:
- Are you looking for more natural or dramatic results?
- Do you use a lash curler or wear makeup on a normal basis?
- What’s your lifestyle like (i.e.: in the gym a lot, in the water a lot, extremely busy, etc)?
Use your expertise:
- Determine the client’s eye shape and set- would they benefit more from rods or shields?
- Explain how the service works and what they will experience during the treatment
- Explain how the service will benefit the client and her/his lifestyle
- Recommend when your client should return for their next service and schedule the appointment before they leave
- Recommend aftercare products and thoroughly explain how to use them
- Explain what the client can expect between their first appointment and next appointment
- Contact the client 24-48 hours after their appointment with you to see if they have any questions or concerns
- Thank the client for choosing you as their lash artist